Limited Warranty on Timber Furniture
We want you to enjoy your furniture without any problems or concerns, therefore we have provided this information that can help you care for your new furniture.
We are confident in our products and as such we provide a 12 month manufacturer’s warranty, unless stated otherwise. This includes foundational (seat webbing for indoor lounges) or structural defects in general, coverings are not under any warranty. It is not extended to commercial applications, intentional or unintentional miss use and or products not being used fit for purpose. If purchasing a sofa or lounge please ask about purchasing an extended (leather/fabric) warranty for added piece of mind, lounge coverings are not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Please retain your receipt for proof of purchase. Warranty on all products is 12 months from date of purchase. In the unlikely event of a fault occurring, all warranty claims must be submitted via email with digital photographic evidence, your proof of purchase and a brief description. Warranty claims must be submitted within 7 days of the issue occurring and the item is not to be used until it has been repaired, to reduce further damage.
- Liability for breach of this warranty and to the extent legally permitted, liability for breach of any warranty, condition or right that is implied under the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth) or equivalent legislation which cannot be excluded, will be limited, at UNITED HOUSEs option, to the replacement or repair of the Product or the supply of an equivalent product.
- This warranty is limited to the original purchaser at the original delivery address, and is non-transferable.
- This warranty is subject to the product being cared for in accordance with the relevant care instructions. (see below)
- To the extent permitted by law, UNITED HOUSE is not liable, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), under any statute or otherwise, for or in respect of:
- Normal wear and tear as deemed by UNITED HOUSE.
- Natural characteristics of the product.
- Damage caused by spills such as acid, solvents, dyes or other corrosive materials, ink, paint or bodily fluids.
- The cost of transporting the product to and/or from the specified place of assessment for repair or replacement (generally our Outer Sydney warehouse).
- You acknowledge and agree that the product is handmade and therefore the size and weight of the item may vary by up to 10% from the sample product or from any product specifications quoted.
- Do not use any sharp tools to open packaging or for any other purpose.
- Do not sit on arm rests or on table tops, they are not designed for seating or taking any weight and this may damage the frame or item in general. Do not pivot on the back legs of chairs.
- Do not lift by arms or any other part, all items must be lifted and moved by the base, without dragging.
- As with any product, prolonged exposure of furniture to direct sunlight will harm it.
- Avoid direct sunlight, as this will cause colour change. If the furniture is positioned in direct sunlight, move items such as Vases around to avoid spotting and keep covered whenever possible.
- Dust once a week using a soft cloth.
- Avoid placing hot or wet items directly on the surface as they can leave marks which are difficult to remove.
- Tablecloths, table runners and coasters help protect timber and timber veneer surfaces from scratching.
- Polish or oil your furniture every 3 - 6 months. Ensure the surface is free from dust prior to polishing.
Please complete the warranty form below by completing all the fields. Do not add to, delete or modify the text in the Details box.